Sprint Moto X owners, you can finally stop feeling left out – your Kit Kat (Android 4.4) update has been approved and is ready to rollout as build 13.11.3.
Motorola shocked the world a bit when it released Android 4.4 to the Verizon Moto X only three weeks after Google announced it, but then really impressed us when then proceeded to push it to the AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular models shortly thereafter. This update from Motorola has got to be some sort of record, especially now that all major models are up to date.
So Sprint users, welcome to the fun. We are sorry that it took this long, but still, you have Kit Kat before 99% of other phones on the market that don’t carry a “Nexus” tag. I think the only other 4.4 phone at this time is the HTC One Developer Edition (unlocked U.S. version too).
Here is the official changelog according to Sprint:
- Android 4.4, KitKat, is the latest release of the Android platform. KitKat includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, smarter power use, and more tools and capabilities for better app development.
- Improved Phone Dialer app with the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search your corporate directory easily.
- Incorporated a new version of Google Hangouts that supports integrated SMS/MMS messaging. Hangouts can be set as the default SMS app under Settings>Wireless>Default SMS app.
- NFC Host Card Emulation support to improve experiences such as contactless payments, loyalty plans, transit passes, card access and more.
- Camera – Focus and exposure: Enhanced the “touch to focus” option with a new circular, on screen control that can be dragged by your finger around the viewfinder to adjust a photo’s focus and exposure.
- Gallery – Photo editing: Added new photo editing options to the Gallery app including new filter effects, draw on your photos, advanced cropping, and adjustments to color, exposure, contrast and more.
- Touchless Control – “Find my phone”: Added a new “Find my phone” command to Touchless Control. Just say “OK, Google Now-find my phone” and your Moto X will ring loudly to let you know where it’s hiding when you’ve misplaced it nearby.