Yesterday, soak test details of an upcoming update for the Verizon Moto X cruised into our inboxes, confirming our suspicions that Motorola may have Kit Kat already ready to go just three weeks after Google announced it. We even penned a piece giving Motorola all sorts of props for getting a massive update like this ready so quickly.
This morning, Motorola confirmed that we should start to see this update on Verizon Moto X devices as early as today. As with any major update, the push happens in stages, so not all will see it right away. No matter what, Android 4.4 is here for Big Red’s variant, and I’d be lying if I didn’t admit that I wasn’t surprised, shocked, astonished, and flabbergasted.
Here are some of the highlights as Motorola sees it:
- An improved phone dialer. Now you can search for contacts directly from the dial-pad and easily see and tap on those you contact frequently.
- More gallery goodies. KitKat packs in some cool, new gallery effects—such as Posterize, Highlights, and Edges. You can even use the Draw feature to annotate your photos freehand with your finger.
- New Hangouts app. All of your conversations now in one place—texts, video calls, and other chats all together in one app. Plus, you can now send animated gifs and share your location.
- Color emojis. For when words aren’t enough, the Google Keyboard now includes colorful characters to send in text messages and other communications.
- Drag to focus and expose. An updated camera app lets you control both the focus and exposure of your photos. Simply drag your finger to set just the right exposure and focus point.
- And more… Restyled status and navigation bars, new full-screen mode, and enhancements to Motorola features like Touchless Control.
You ready? As soon as you see that update hit, let us know!
Via: Motorola [Release Notes]