Two beasts in the DROID ROM community partnered up to release something new that I’ll be recommending for all Droid X and Droid 2 owners. The ROM is called Liberty and it comes from Kejar31 and one of our all time favs, JRummy16. The base for this beauty is Kejar’s GummyJar ROM and then has Rummy’s toolbox and tweaks written all over it. You’ll find goodies like the old school rotary lockscreen, Gingerbread themed Swype, custom wallpapers, and seriously, so much more. For fans of yellow, this is also a nice replacement for the Gingerbread green we’ve seen everywhere.
Download for DX: LibertyX-1.0.zip
Download for D2: Liberty2-1.0.zip
*Your DX needs to be running .320 or .340.
1. You obviously have to be rooted. (Instructions)
2. You need to have Koush’s Bootstrap Recovery.
3. Open the DX Bootstrap and “boostrap” the recovery.
4. When that finishes, “reboot recovery.”
5. Once your phone boots to Clockwork Recovery, scroll down to “backup and restore.”
6. Choose “backup” to make a clean backup of your phone.
7. After that choose “wipe data/factory reset” to wipe your phone.
8. When that finishes choose “install zip from SD card.”
9. Then “choose zip from SD card” and find the Liberty1.0.zip, select it and hit “yes.”
10. Your phone will apply the ROM. When it finishes, reboot and enjoy!
Full support thread can be found here. Donate!