We already gave you a Gingerbread theme for the original Droid, so now it’s time to take care of the Droid X users out there looking for some Android 2.3 loveliness to take them into the weekend. Fabolous, who’s Apex ROM has always been a top choice, has released version 1.3.0 which is based off of the new 2.3.340 DX update and has pieces of Gingerbread sprinkled all over it. It’s a mostly-Blurless ROM, but has just enough of the good parts that we love. Tough to beat this one.
*DROID X ONLY
1. YOU HAVE TO BE RUNNING official 2.2.1 (system 2.3.340) (2.3.320 could work too).
2. Do I need to say it again? YOU HAVE TO BE RUNNING official 2.2.1.
3. You obviously have to be rooted. (Instructions)
4. You need to have Koush’s Bootstrap Recovery.
5. Open the DX Bootstrap and “boostrap” the recovery.
6. When that finishes, “reboot recovery.”
7. Once your phone boots to Clockwork Recovery, scroll down to “backup and restore.”
8. Choose “backup” to make a clean backup of your phone.
9. After that choose “wipe data/factory reset” to wipe your phone.
*I was able to come from stock rooted 2.3.340 without having to wipe.
10. When that finishes choose “install zip from SD card.”
11. Then “choose zip from SD card” and find the Apex_1.3.0.zip, select it and hit “yes.”
12. Your phone will apply the ROM. When it finishes, reboot and enjoy!
Full support thread can be found here. Donate to Fabolous here.