just last friday we posted the htc ime keyboard that was ported over to the motorola droid which unfortunately only worked in portrait mode. it now appears as though that phase was short lived as a new version has popped up and completely supports landscape mode! yeah, it’s pretty fantastic. nice timing right? the same day the official swype beta is released?
2 apk’s are still needed: htc_ime.apk for the keyboard and clicker.apk for the settings/calibration. install both…
keyboard downloads: htc_ime.apk (alt link)
settings downloads: clicker.apk (alt link)
instructions for those of you new to the game…
1. go into settings -> applications and check the “unknown sources” box.
2. visit this post from your phone’s browser.
3. tap and download this file onto your phone: htc_ime.apk (alt link)
4. tap and download this file onto your phone: clicker.apk (alt link)
5. tap on each downloaded file once finished and install them.
6. go into settings -> language & keyboard and check the “touch it” box.
7. go into a text message, long press in the text box and choose “input method”.
8. choose “touch input”.