In this update, users will find a new My Cookbook feature for saving and retrieving recipes, ability to Remove, Favorite, and Share photos, Touch Alarms in Quick Settings, as well as new Nest Hello integration (2-way talk via touch).
Here is the full changelog from Lenovo.
- Touch Alarms in Quick Settings
- Remove, Favorite and Share Photos
- My Cookbook (Save & Retrieve Recipes)
- Thanksgiving Recipe Recommendations Card
- Nest Hello doorbell 2-way talk via touch
- Timeout faster to Dark Screen (instead of Home) when in low light
- Support “turn off the screen”
- Bigger dark screen clock face
- Change display to min versus auto brightness
- Show previous feature, when swiping off current feature
Something to note, this same update should be available to Google Home Hub, as well as other Smart Display models on the market. Basically any update for a Smart Display should be available on all of them at some point, since it’s all the same Google Assistant software from Google.
While Lenovo says the update will roll out slowly, it will still be quicker than the last update it shipped out. I’m not seeing it yet on my Smart Display, but be on the lookout!