NVIDIA announced the twentieth software upgrade for SHIELD TV this morning, which is pretty darn impressive considering the first model of the device launched in 2015 and is still entirely supported.
Labeled as SHIELD Software Experience Upgrade 7.1, NVIDIA offers in-game voice chat for communicating in GeForce NOW games like Fortnite and others, improved keyboard and mouse support in GeForce NOW, a SHIELD TV companion app with a virtual keyboard and mouse that’ll make entering usernames and passwords a breeze, the return of NVIDIA Share functions (Broadcast to Twitch, etc.), as well as 120Hz modes for supported televisions and monitors.
Here’s the entire changelog.
- In-game voice chat support – for communicating in top GeForce NOW games like Fortnite – with headsets connected to the 3.5mm headset jack on SHIELD controllers
- Improved keyboard and mouse support in GeForce NOW
- Smoother, more accurate mouse movements
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Keyboard and Mouse games row
- More day-and-date releases including Monster Hunter World and F1 2018
- The upcoming release of Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- NVIDIA SHIELD TV companion app with a virtual keyboard and mouse that makes entering user names, email addresses and password simple
- The triumphant return of NVIDIA Share features (Broadcast to Twitch, recording and screenshots)
- 120Hz modes for supported TVs and monitors
- Quick settings for power off, restart and sleep
The update should begin rolling out to all SHIELD TV units right now. To download the new companion app, follow the link below.
Google Play Link