Amazon announced the starting date for Prime Day 2018, and wouldn’t you know, it’s right around the corner on July 16! If this is your first Prime Day, it’s a special day for members of Amazon Prime to receive exclusive site-wide deals on anything from TVs to Alexa-powered products and everything in between. Believe me, Prime Day is basically Cyber Monday 2.0.
“Prime members will enjoy a day (and a half) of our best deals, with 36 hours to shop more than one million deals worldwide,” said Jeff Wilke, Amazon CEO of Worldwide Consumer. “New this year, members can shop exclusive Prime Day Launches from hundreds of brands worldwide, enjoy exclusive savings at Whole Foods Market and experience surprise entertainment events unboxed from giant Smile boxes in major cities. More than 100 million paid Prime members around the world will find our best Prime Day celebration yet,” he added.
As Amazon mentions here, the savings won’t only be on Amazon’s website. Prime members will see deals taking place at Whole Foods and events taking place in major US cities. It should be quite the extravaganza, all in the name of spending money.
If you can’t wait for July 16, Amazon has already started a few deals that we’ve highlighted below.
These are the deals starting today.
- Echo Show – Save $100 on Echo Show
- Amazon Brands – 25% off furniture and décor from Rivet and Stone & Beam, up to 20% off AmazonBasics items, and 30% off everyday essentials from Presto!, Mama Bear and Solimo
- Prime Video, DVDs and Blu-Ray – Save up to 50% on popular movies and TV shows on digital, DVD and Blu-Ray
- Amazon Music – Get four months of the premium, on-demand service with access to tens of millions of songs and hands-free listening, for just $0.99
- Twitch Prime – Members can enjoy hundreds of hours of free gameplay as Twitch Prime gives away a free PC game every day through July 18, including titles like Pillars of Eternity and Brutal Legend. Members will also receive exclusive in-game loot for Warframe and PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS
- Kindle Unlimited and eBooks – Access to three months of unlimited reading for just $0.99. Buy your first Kindle book and get a $10 Prime Day credit valid towards eBooks, print books and Audible
- Audible – Eligible Prime members can get their first three months at more than 65% off for $4.95 a month
On Prime Day, we’ll be posting up the best deals we can find for you, so prepare your method of payment for the festivities.