Mobile users of Plex can now use their Android device to control the service’s Live TV and DVR feature. Additionally, noted specifically for mobile folk, Plex has improved the sign in and signup screens, as well as the password resetting experience.
If you haven’t yet begun to utilize Plex’s Live TV and DVR, you’ll need the necessary hardware and Plex Pass, but once setup, you’ll be controlling TV from anywhere you are, all courtesy of your cloud-based Plex account.
Here’s the full changelog.
- Support for timeshifting Live TV programs (requires PMS 1.8+).
- Include Afrikaans translations.
- [Mobile] Support for DVR and Live TV.
- [Mobile] Improve sign in/sign up screens.
- [Mobile] Send reset password instructions from the app.
- App was failing to persist library filters selection after being closed.
- Don’t switch to ‘Open Video File’ section when Local Server selected if synced content exists.
Side note: We love the usage of capacitive buttons and on-screen buttons in that above header. Classic.
Collapse Show Comments