Google I/O 2017 kicks off today in Google’s backyard at the Shoreline Amphitheatre! Google has kept most of their plans under wraps, but it should be a big week for all things Google, even in the non-developer realm. Everything from Android to VR and Google Assistant to Android Auto will likely get touched on at some point and we are in town to bring it to you.
For the next few days, we’ll continue to update this post with the biggest happenings. That’s me telling you to bookmark this one if you want to get regular updates on the news coming out of I/O as we share it.
The keynote kicks off this morning at 10AM Pacific! Ready?
- All of the new Android O features
- Google released the first Android O beta for Pixel and Nexus
- Android O Preview 2 factory images available
- Android crosses the 2 billion monthly active users mark
- Android Go is a new experience for phones with 1GB RAM or less
- Android Wear complications will be easier to implement
Google Home and Google Assistant
- Google Home is getting tons of new features, including hands-free calls
- Assistant gets typing, history, Google Lens, and comes to iOS
- You’ll soon be able to send money to someone with Google Assistant
- Google is working on a stand-alone VR unit, plus working with HTC Vive and Lenovo
- Daydream will come Galaxy S8 and S8+ later this year
- Daydream 2.0 is coming this year, with Casting and screen recording
- Google Photos is getting shared libraries, sharing suggestions, and photo books
- Google Play Protect is here to protect you from baddies
A Day at I/O
Some of our best videos.