Google I/O is next week, so you are going to want to make sure you catch up on everything that happened this week. I say that because next week will be beyond nuts with the amount of news that is sure to pour in and you’ll want to be current before we get there. For example, Google has a new way to make Android updates happen faster in Project Treble, plus we should get a new Android O build, likely as a beta. Oh and Fuchsia is a thing. Lots of stuff.
Outside of that, we got Amazon’s new Echo Show a few days ago, voice calls and messaging through Alexa, the unlocked Galaxy S8 and G6, and answered a bunch of questions through another Q&A session. You’ll find links to all the hotness below.
- WATCH: DL Show episode 141 | Subscribe
- YUGE: Google thinks it’ll finally fix slow updates with Project Treble
- Galaxy S8 is a cool phone, but I’m still a Pixel guy
- Amazon Echo Show is the touchscreen Alexa-powered device of someone’s dreams
- Amazon Alexa devices now do voice calls and messaging, which is awesome
- Galaxy S8 updates: Verizon | AT&T
- Q&A session: This week’s answers!
- Android O Beta program likely opening up soon
- Google’s new Fuchsia OS gets a UI preview of sorts
- Qualcomm’s new Snapdragon 660 is going to be the new mid-range beast
- Deal: T-Mobile running BOGO Galaxy S8 deal
- Huawei Watch finally got Android Wear 2.0 this week
- Unlocked US Galaxy S8 and S8+ now up for pre-order
- Unlocked US LG G6 is finally up for purchase
- Verizon’s Wear24 watch is now up for purchase
- Is this T-Mobile’s first Android phone?
- Cool: Waze lets you record your own voice for directions
- Question: How has Verizon Unlimited been working out?