While I was putting together this list of the top Android stories from the past few days, the top item is one that I feel deserves special attention. Now, I know that Android was built to be spreadable to the far reaching corners of the world through almost any manufacturer. However, the fact that it’s basically Nexus, Pixel, or bust when it comes to current software on this platform is never going to not be frustrating. Of course, I’m a huge fan of Pixel and Nexus, but now that we are years upon years into this Android thing, it’s time for someone else to step up, take this stuff seriously, and be an update champion alongside Google.
Enough of that, though. As for the rest of the week, be sure to catch up on all of our continuing Galaxy S8 coverage. We not only pumped out 5 reasons to buy the S8 or S8+, we also gave you a whole bunch of tips and tricks.
- May’s Android security update is here for Nexus and Pixel
- 5 reasons the Galaxy S8 and S8+ are worth buying
- Galaxy S8 tips and tricks!
- Galaxy S8 Guide: Customizing icons, themes, and Always-on Display
- Bixby Voice hits Korea an we could be next
- OnePlus 5 name is official and will launch in summer
- HTC U 11 specs are here
- Poll: Headphone jack on top, bottom, or courage?
- NVIDIA SHIELD: New preview program will let you test early software
- Nougat, now on over 7% of Android devices
- New Moto Z2 Play sounds like Moto is going to the wrong way
- LOL: This is apparently Amazon’s new touchscreen Echo device
- Sprint’s new Magic Box sounds like a booster you should actually order
- Google Docs phishing scam tricked a whole bunch of people
- Google Allo gets chat backup/restore, incognito mode for groups, link previews
- ecobee4 Thermostat works with Alexa, plus they have a smart light switch on the way
- 5G: T-Mobile announces its 5G plans which won’t happen until 2019
Who wants some $220 Droid Life branded slides?