The official AccuWeather application for Android received a major update this week, bringing a lot of new features to those who find themselves periodically concerned about their local weather. Inside, users will find a new Dark Theme, which can be set to automatic or manual. When on automatic, the app will go dark at night, then revert back to light during the day.
In addition to the darker theme available, AccuWeather also offers “Future Radar,” allowing users to access up to 2 hours’ worth of future precipitation radar. This should allow you to better plan out your day and whether you will need that umbrella.
By looking over the changelog, there are many fixes and goodies, so if you have the AccuWeather app, go grab the update. If you don’t have the app, I’d suggest checking it out on Google Play. There is the free version (with ads) and the Platinum version (no ads).
- Future Radar – Access up to 2 hours’ worth of Future Precipitation Radar visuals in the maps section of the app.
- Dark Theme – Enjoy AccuWeather’s app in both light and dark modes. With the Theme set to automatic, the app will switch to dark mode at night and back to light mode during the day.
- Graphs – Temperature and Precipitation graphs have now been added to both the Hourly and Daily screens.
- Pull Down to Refresh
- Advanced Settings
- Map Key Scrolling
- Galaxy Edge Panel Support
- Bug fixes and Improvements
Play Links: Free | Paid
Some of our best videos.