An update for the SHIELD Tablet K1 is bringing Android 6.0 Professional Audio, enhancements for the Vulkan API, as well as improvements to touch responsiveness. As you would imagine, all of the aforementioned items are quite important for a tablet that is all about the best mobile gaming experience possible.
Required by the Professional Audio standards set in Android 6.0, NVIDIA is baking in Low Latency Audio (<20ms continuous round trip), USB Host and Peripheral modes, [email protected] Stereo output, plus MIDI support over USB and Bluetooth LE. These changes will surely up your audio game.
While not detailed in length, NVIDIA also lists enhancements and fixes to the Vulkan API, the set of APIs that deliver better access and control to a device’s high-end GPUs. To round out the update, the June security patch is inside, as well as “improvements to touch responsiveness.”
Check the full changelog below, then grab that update.
- SHIELD Tablet K1 now meets Android 6.0 Professional Audio requirements, including:
- Low Latency Audio (<20ms continuous round trip)
- USB Host & Peripheral modes
- [email protected] Stereo & 7.1 HDMI output
- MIDI support over USB & Bluetooth LE
- Option to toggle Navigation Button location (Settings > Personalize Settings)
- Enhancements & fixes to Vulkan™ API
- Improvements to touch responsiveness
- Fixes to WiFi & Bluetooth connectivity
- Update to Android 6.0 Security Patch Level June 1, 2016
- Overall stability and additional security improvements
Collapse Show Comments