With the Nexus 6, Nexus 9, Nexus Player, and DROID Turbo in our possession, you better believe we have a lot of work laid out ahead of us. Reviews! It was a crazy week here at DL, with pre-orders for the Nexus 6 taking place, but as many people may have found out, the device was not available for long, seemingly selling out in record time.
Besides that fiasco, Amazon tipped us that a Champagne Gold Moto 360 is on the way, as well as more bands for the Android Wear device from Motorola. Other news included Andy Rubin officially leaving Google to start a hardware incubator, a ton of apps receiving Material Design makeovers, retailers shutting down support for Google Wallet, topped off by Lenovo closing its deal with Google to purchase Motorola for nearly $3 billion.
Here are the highlights in case you missed any of the action.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Nexus and DROID Turbo Special [Subscribe]
- Video: Nexus 6 unboxing and hands-on.
- Video: Nexus 9 unboxing and hands-on.
- Video: DROID Turbo Unboxing.
- Lollipop with TouchWiz videoed on the Galaxy S5.
- Nexus 6 pre-orders went up, then went down.
- Yes, the Nexus 6 works fine on Verizon.
- Champagne Gold Moto 360 shows up on Amazon, along with Cognac band.
- Andy Rubin exits Google.
- LG G3 on Verizon receiving much needed update.
- Google Fit hits Google Play.
- Retailers hate Apple Pay, which means they hate Google Wallet.
- Lenovo closes Motorola deal with Google.
- Many apps were updated with Material Design aesthetics.
Have a great and safe weekend, folks!