If you have ever ordered anything from Google Play, you have likely had the same reaction to the shipping cost that we seem to have every time of “Oh come on now, one flat fee to rule them all?” There are no shipping choices other than “Ships in 1-2 business days,” which ranges from $5.99 for a $19.99 Bumper to $13.99 for devices like the Nexus 4 and Nexus 10. While faster shipping options are always welcomed, there are times when we wouldn’t mind going with something a little more budget-friendly. According to sources of ours, new shipping options are scheduled to arrive this week, possibly tomorrow.
The new shipping options will include the current 2-day processing, plus 2 business days for delivery via UPS, but customers will also have the choice of Ground (2-day processing plus 3-5 days for delivery), and Saver (2-day processing plus 5-10 days for delivery). These new shipping options are U.S. only.
Here is what we have been told:
What: We [Google Play] will offer new shipping options for the Nexus 4 family of products:
- UPS two-day shipping (2 business days processing + 2 business days for delivery)
- Ground (2 business days processing + 3-5 business days for delivery)
- Saver (2 business days processing + 5 -10 business days for delivery)
- Note: Saver shipping is not available for some orders. Availability of Saver shipping is based on the weight of the order.
- Note: Total shipping cost is calculated based on the shipping level selected at checkout and the weight of the item or items in their cart, as determined by our shipping provider.
The information we received mentions that these new shipping options will be available for the “Nexus 4 family” of products, so that may mean Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 orders will still be stuck with only the 2-day shipping option for now. And when they are referring to “Nexus 4 family,” we’re assuming they mean accessories too, not the mysterious white Nexus 4 that is sure to arrive any day.
Collapse Show Comments