The DROID Incredible 4G LTE, two full months after it was announced, will be made available July 5 for purchase (this Thursday). It will drop in at $149 after a $50 rebate on new 2-year contract, just as we reported back in May. Nothing has changed about the device since we had our hands on it at CTIA, which means it should still be one heck of a mid-range device. The new Incredible has a dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, runs Ice Cream Sandwich, HTC’s Sense 4.0, an 8MP camera, and runs on Verizon’s 4G LTE network.
DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE By HTC Available Beginning July 5 Exclusively On The Verizon Wireless Network
Power, Sophistication and Speed Come Together in the DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE by HTC
BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Announced earlier this year at the International CTIA WIRELESS® 2012 show, the DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE by HTC, will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com starting July 5. Customers who rely heavily on their mobile devices will find everything they need in the DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE by HTC. Running the latest version HTC Sense® 4, HTC’s branded user experience, integrated with Google’s™ mobile operating system, Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, customers can take advantage of an enhanced mobile experience and enjoy the latest Android features, as well as the power of 4G LTE speeds.
Every aspiring shutterbug will have something to smile about when they experience the amazing 8-megapixel camera with quick activation from the home screen so customers never miss that perfect shot. Additionally, HTC Video Pic allows customers to simultaneously shoot HD quality video and take pictures at the same time. Uploading photos or videos onto social networking sites or sharing through e-mail takes only seconds with 4G LTE speeds.
The Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network is available in 304 markets across the United States. In real-world, fully loaded network environments, 4G LTE customers should experience average data rates of 5 to 12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2 to 5 Mbps on the uplink. When customers travel outside of 4G LTE coverage areas, devices automatically connect to Verizon Wireless’ 3G network, where available, allowing customers to stay connected from coast to coast.
- Authentic Sound: Customers will benefit from Beats Audio™, an enhanced auto tuning technology that allows users to hear music the way the artist intended. Beats Audio is incorporated across the entire experience for richer, more authentic sound and whether watching a video or playing a game, customers are sure to be impressed with the sound quality.
- Read Later: Active readers who are constantly on-the-go can use the Read Later feature to save online content, such as news articles and website pages, to view later, even when they are offline.
- Android Beam™: Sharing YouTube videos, Google Maps locations and more with others is faster and easier than ever with Android Beam. Android Beam is as simple as tapping two compatible phones together for users to instantly share information.
- 4-inch super LCD qHD display
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus, LED flash, BSI, f/2.2 and 28 mm lens
- Front-facing camera for video chatting with friends and family
- 1.2 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 processor
- Mobile Hotspot-capable to share a 4G LTE connection with up to 10 Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Support for up to 32 GB microSD™ memory card
Price and availability:
- The DROID INCREDIBLE 4G LTE by HTC will be available beginning July 5 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for 149.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services at a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s largest 4G LTE network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 93.0 million retail customers, including 88.0 million retail postpaid customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 80,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
Founded in 1997, HTC Corporation (HTC) is the creator of many award-winning mobile devices and industry firsts. By putting people at the center of everything it does, HTC pushes the boundaries of design and technology to create innovative and personal experiences for consumers around the globe. HTC’s portfolio includes smartphones and tablets powered by HTC Sense®, a multilayered graphical user interface that vastly improves user experience. HTC is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange (TWSE: 2498). For more information, please visit www.htc.com.
Some of our best videos.