please welcome the clear version of the genie news and weather widget to the lineup of nexus one/android 2.1 apps to our ever-growing list. this runs exactly the same as the old version, but is slightly tweaked to appear clear on your desktop.
i recommend that you have a dark background when using this. screencap of my desktop shows why…
steps for installation:
1. go into settings -> applications and check the “unknown sources” box.
2. visit this post from your phone’s browser.
3. tap and download this file onto your phone: GenieWidget-transparent.apk (alt link)
4. once downloaded go into astro file manager and “downloads” folder.
5. tap on “Genie_Widget-transparent”.
6. tap “open app manager”
7. tap install.
the rest of the android 2.1 apps you need:
1. nexus one / sense ui launcher
2. new eclair gallery with multi-touch
3. genie news and weather 2.1
4. launcher 2.1
5. music app 2.1
6. clock app 2.1
7. flan gallery 2.1
Some of our best videos.