Can you believe it’s already August? This year is flying by so far and there’s still a lot of Android awesomeness on the horizon. As far as device releases, it’s been a pretty dreadful this summer, but Jelly Bean and Ice Cream Sandwich will certainly coast us into Fall and the Winter lineup of devices that will be released in the coming months.
As for this week, we saw the HTC Rezound finally receive its much deserved ICS update, Google Wallet received the update it desperately needed to be relevant, and we posted plenty of leaked images of the RAZR HD.
Here are the highlights of this week’s happenings.
- Samsung to unveil Galaxy Note successor August 29.
- Ice Cream Sandwich rolling out to Rezound owners.
- Google Wallet updated, all major credit and debit cards supported.
- Video of our first hands-on with the new Chameleon launcher on the Nexus 7.
- Google halts launch of Nexus Q for re-working, what could they be adding?
- FCC lays down the law on Verizon – No more blocking tether apps.
- Leaked photos of the DROID RAZR HD surface.
- More photos of the upcoming DROID RAZR HD leaked.
- Google Wallet guide for all Verizon NFC-enabled devices.
- DROID Charge receives minor update.
- Say “hi” to Google’s official Android blog.
- Call of Duty Zombies released for Android – Booyah!
Have a fantastic weekend, everybody!