If you happened to miss any of the Android happenings this week, you done goofed up. Don’t worry, though, that’s why we’re here! Let’s catch you right up!
Sony’s new Xperia XZ2 lineup is now up for pre-order in the US, we basically reviewed the Nest Hello video doorbell and Nest x Yale smart lock, learned the LG G7 ThinQ will be announced May 2, Essential said they’re going to “do it better” with regard to their next smartphone camera, and Google gave us an indication that Android P might be all about the gestures.
Here are thing items from this week you don’t want to miss.
- Watch: Droid Life Show – Episode 170 [Subscribe]
- Android P: Google might’ve slipped and shown off Android P’s new nav bar and gestures.
- Video: Peel vs. MNML cases.
- Nest: We’re really liking the Nest Hello and Next x Yale lock.
- It’s our belief that the Essential 2 could easily be Phone of the Year.
- Essential says they’re gonna “do it better” next time around.
- Android Auto Wireless now live for supported head units and Nexus, Pixel devices.
- Sony: Xperia XZ2, XZ2 Compact now up for pre-order in the US.
- G7 ThinQ: May 2 is LG G7 ThinQ day!
- And here’s another look at the G7 ThinQ.
- IKEA’s smart lighting system now works with Google Assistant.
- Ring: Ring’s video doorbell gets new everyday price of $99.
- LG is apparently taking software updates seriously now.
- This really isn’t Google’s next Android-powered dongle, is it?
- We’ll soon see a major Gmail redesign.
- Merger: T-Mobile and Sprint are talking mergers again.
- RIP: Google no longer selling OG Pixel and Pixel XL.
Have a great weekend, folks!
Some of our best videos.