Wow, that snuck up on us quick, didn’t it? The 2016 NFL season is upon us in just two days! And with that, the DL Football Eliminator Challenge is now open for the 2016 season! For the 6th year in a row, our winner will walk away with a phone of their choice.
For those new to NFL eliminator challenges, they work like this. At absolutely zero cost to you, you pick one winner each week during the season out of all of the games being played. If your team wins, you move on to the next week. Just keep in mind that you can only choose a team one time per season, so there is some strategy involved. With that said, by no means are these challenges as intense as fantasy football or weekly pick’em challenges. This is the simplest form of an NFL challenge you can participate in. All you have to do each week is remember to pick a single winner.
New this year, the ESPN Fantasy App (and yes, we use ESPN’s Eliminator Challenge) will allow you to pick your team each week. It really just seems like they are opening the fantasy site within the app, so the setup is pretty crappy, but hey, it’s something. You can download it here.
The season kicks off this Thursday (yes, in 2 days), so you will want to sign-up now. We will try our best to remind you throughout the next couple of days to sign-up, though.
There is no cost to you, yet you can win a phone of choice. Ready to sign-up?
Join the group: Droid Life Eliminator
Simple rules for those new to eliminator challenges:
- Join the league up above. Create an entry for yourself. Get ready to pick winners.
- Since this is an eliminator challenge, you only have to pick 1 winner each week.
- Remember though, that you only get to use a team one time and cannot pick them to win again.
- If you choose correctly each week, you continue to advance.
- If you choose incorrectly, you are more than likely out. Still, continue picking though, as we may not have anyone finish the season perfect.
- If that didn’t make sense, check out the full “How to Play” rules here.
- If we run into a tiebreaker, we will decide a winner based on these rules. That’s right, we go with ESPN’s rules and they determine the winner.
Once again, we are giving away a phone to the winner, only this time we have upped the value to $700. Once week 17 wraps and the winner is picked by ESPN, we’ll use a series of contact points to verify the winner via email. The winner will first be contacted on the ESPN Eliminator page. Then, it’s up to them to choose a phone.
Winner’s prize will only be bought and shipped with the US.
We’ll try to remind folks to make their picks each week, but cannot guarantee that we’ll remember. If we do though, it will be on Twitter, so be sure to follow us there. Week 1 starts this Thursday, with the first game between the Panthers and Broncos on September 8.