The Kindle app for Android received a big update yesterday that includes one of the most popular e-reader features, Word Wise. The update also lets you learn more about books and authors before reading them, adds flashcard creation from textbooks, word look-ups with any dictionary, easy Audible playback control, and more.
Most of the new features are pretty self-explanatory, but for those new to Word Wise, I’ll do my best to explain. Word Wise attempts to make it easy for kids (or those learning English) to read more challenging books by adding short and simple definitions above difficult words. By doing this, one could continue reading a book after looking at the short reference, instead of having to look something up in a dictionary or elsewhere.
The update should be live for all.
- Read more challenging books with Word Wise
- Learn more about the book and author before you start reading
- See popular highlights from other Kindle readers
- Create flashcards from textbooks to help you study
- Look up words with any dictionary
- Control Audible playback easily without leaving the page
- Navigate manga easily with a table of contents
- Bug fixes
Collapse Show Comments