Wikipedia introduced a new beta app today on Android that includes all sorts of goodies that Wiki fans will be proud of. First of all, the app got a full redesign that is now native. Everything should be faster (from searching to browsing to “settling a bar bet”), we have a hamburger slideout menu, table of contents, bookmarks, and maybe most importantly, the ability edit articles from your phone.
This is a major update that you will want to check out. Also, they are calling this a “beta,” but you don’t need to sign-up for a beta program. All you have to do is download the app from Google Play like any other app.
- A major design update (we went native!)
- Editing – help improve Wikipedia articles from your phone!
- Everything is faster, whether you’re searching, browsing, or settling a bar bet
- Table of contents to help you navigate long article and get to the information you need
- Wikipedia Zero support – data charges waived for select participating mobile operators (Wikipedia is of course freely licensed)
- Search any language Wikipedia
- Bookmark pages
- Random article
- Recent browsing history
Collapse Show Comments