In less than a week, the 2013 NFL season officially kicks off with a showdown between the Broncos and Ravens. If you have been a part of the Droid Life community over the last couple of years, you also know that the start of the season means that our annual eliminator challenge is in store. And like in years past, we’re rewarding the end-of-year winner with a phone of choice, valued at up to $650. Since many of us lost out early last year with a week 2 upset, I think I can speak for the crowd when I say that I can’t wait for this year’s challenge to start.
If you aren’t familiar with NFL eliminators, we have some basic rules for you below, along with a link to more in-depth instructions. The basics are: join for free, pick a winner each week, go the entire season without getting a pick wrong, and you win. It sounds simple, but boy is it tough, especially since you can only use each team once.
Join the group: Droid Life Eliminator
Simple rules for those new to eliminator chalenges:
1. Join the league up above. Create an entry for yourself. Get ready to pick winners.
2. Since this is an eliminator challenge, you only have to pick 1 winner each week.
3. Remember though, that you only get to use a team one time and cannot pick them to win again.
4. If you choose correctly each week, you continue to advance.
5. If you choose incorrectly, you are out. There are no mulligans in football or this league.
6. If that didn’t make sense, check out the full “How to Play” rules here.
7. If we run into a tiebreaker, we will decide a winner based on these rules.
Once again, we are giving away a phone valued at up to $650 to the winner. Once week 17 wraps and the winner is picked, we’ll contact them through their ESPN account to verify everything. Then, it’s up to them to choose a phone.
We’ll try to remind folks to make their picks each week, but cannot guarantee that we’ll remember. If we do though, it will be on Twitter, so be sure to follow us there. Week 1 starts next Thursday, with the first game between the Ravens and Broncos on September 5.
Some of our best videos.