We’ve been meaning to post about these for a bit because the developer community over at RootzWiki are hard at work and our boys JRummy16 and Fabolous have released two more ROMs for our beloved DROIDX. Two incredibly fast and stable works for your choosing. So it’s all up to you which one you want to try out. But why try just one when you can play with them both for a while and then decide which you like best. Downloads and instructions after the jump.
*Note 1 – Liberty v0.6 is based on the 4.5.596 OTA. You should be on a rooted version of this before installing the ROM.
*Note 2 – To use ApeX you must be on .596 OTA or a .596 based ROM, kernel must be [email protected] #1, and you must be on baseband BP_C_01.09.12P
Download: Liberty V0.6 | ApeX V2.0.0 RC1
1. Make sure you are on Gingerbread 4.5.596
2. Reboot into clockwork recovery
3. Select “wipe data/factory reset”
4. Select “Yes” and delete all your data
5. Go back “powerbutton”
6. Select “install zip from sdcard”
7. Select “choose zip from sdcard”
8. Find and select the ROM
9. Reboot and enjoy!
1. Make sure you meet the requirements before flashing (stated above)
2. Reboot into Clockwork Recovery
3. Wipe all data/cache + dalvik cache
4. Locate zip file on your SD
5. Flash and enjoy!
Let us know in the comments if you run into any issues.
Source: Liberty Rootzwiki | ApeX Rootzwiki