The Droid 2 Global will ship in both blue and white, just like we suspected it would last week when we saw two different SKUs pop up for the device that still has not been announced by Verizon. And actually, the specific color names are “Dark Sapphire” and “Winter White” which should both look familiar. The original Droid 2 already comes in “Dark Sapphire” and we’ve seen “Winter White” on devices like the Motorola CLIQ.
Remember that the D2 Global is a global-roaming-business-friendly machine meaning Motorola has packed in some additional features we haven’t seen on other “DROID” branded phones other than the Droid Pro.
New exclusive features:
- Remote wipe of device and SD card
- Document editing with QuickOffice
- Inbox filtering
- Invite attendees to meetings using GAL
- Ability to juggle multiple schedules (free/busy lookups)
Some of the other stats listed on this official sheet are as follows:
- 1.2GHz processor (same one we had photos of)
- Dark Sapphire and Winter White color options
- 5MP camera with dual LED flash
- Dual band CDMA and Quad band GSM
- Physical keyboard plus Swype
- 8GB internal memory plus 8GB pre-installed SD card
- Android 2.2
- 3 profiles to switch between (sort of like Sense UI themes)
- 3G hotspot
- Flash 10.1
To see the first pictures of the D2 Global in “Winter White”, check out our gallery.
I know the rest of the world said black, but it looks like blue after all. Disappointed? Black would have been nice right?
Collapse Show Comments