If you want the amazing new Droid 2 red eye boot animation, then you are in luck. With the system dump still floating around in the wild, we’re expecting to see a bunch of other goodies (hopefully a Froyo version of the multi-touch keyboard), but this is definitely a good one to start with. Well, assuming you haven’t tried the Droid 2 live wallpaper we posted yesterday that is.
Download: bootanimation.zip (alt link)
*Note 1* – These steps are performed on an unrooted Droid 1 through the Android SDK.
*Note 2* – This process also works if you want this on your Droid Incredible.
*Note 3* – This can also been done very simply if you are rooted. Simply copy the file in Root Explorer into /data/local and reboot your phone.
1. Download the file from above.
2. Place the file into your android-skd/tools folder.
3. Make sure nothing is selected and hold SHIFT+right click inside your tools folder.
4. Choose “open command window here.”
5. Type in the following commands:
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
6. Your phone will now reboot with the official Droid 2 boot anim!
Enjoy! And let us know if you run into any problems.
Via: XDA Forums
Some of our best videos.