There is another new baseband update available to anyone running the new FRF57 Froyo build we posted this morning. At this point I’m sort of confused as to what the previous baseband actually did if we have this new one which appears much more in line with previous baseband updates. No matter what, this should help out call quality, signal strength, etc.
Now read all warnings…
*Warning 1* – It is highly recommended that you install the previous baseband (C_01.41.00R) before you install this one.
*Warning 2* – There is no proof that this is 100% legit or will not have a negative effect on your device. It is also not all that easy to return to the previous baseband. If you choose to install this, you are doing so at your own risk.
*Warning 3* – You will have to re-activate your phone if you apply the new baseband.
1. Download: baseband-update.zip
2. Place file on the root of your SD card.
3. Open ROM Manager and choose “Install ROM from SD Card.”
4. Scroll down and find the baseband-update.zip. Tap on it.
5. Skip “wipe data and cache.”
6. Check the box to make a backup.
7. Press “OK” and allow the new baseband to be installed.
8. When your phone reboots, you will have to re-activate your phone.
Comments or questions? Issues experienced?
Other Motorola Droid Froyo Goodies: