Can’t decide between the latest CyanogenMod and Blackdroid ROMs? The video we’ve put together today shows you the simplest way to bounce back and forth between them should you choose to do so. Since both ROMs are ESE53 builds, they are completely compatible meaning you don’t have to wipe data and cache on each install or switch between SPRecovery and ClockwordMod Recovery to flash them.
*Warning* – As always, you are performing these tasks at your own risk. We are not recommending that you do ANY of these, but simply providing information to you. There is a chance you could brick your phone, do other permanent damage and this will more than likely void your warranty. Please do as much research as you can beforehand. We are not liable for any of your actions.
- Download the new Ultimate Droid 8.1.1 Update.zip: Link (Alt Link)
- Place Update.zip in the root of your SD card.
- If using SetCPU, uncheck the “Set on Boot” box.
- Download and install or update ROM manager from the market.
- If using the Helix styled launcher on Cyanogen, remove all widgets.
*Note 1* – I recommend choosing the basic “Home” launcher at first boot. From there, clear off all widgets on all screens and then choose another alternative launcher (Launcher2 or HelixLauncher2).
- Open ROM Manager
- Choose Install Rom from SD Card
- Choose The Desired Update.zip
- Choose backup if you wish, skip “wipe data” and press OK.
- It Will Reboot Into Recovery and Install and then Boot
For support on this latest Blackdroid ROM head over to the official post.