heard of the verizon android market channel? they are sure doing their best to make sure you know about it, that’s for sure.
verizon continues its streak of emails to motorola droid users with the following…
BASKING RIDGE, NJ —Game-winning plays don’t just happen on the field. With applications available in the Android Market™, every fan gets the chance to be a star. Verizon Wireless customers with DROID by Motorola can choose from a variety of sports-themed apps featured in the Verizon Channel in the Android Market to get them in the game for events happening this month.
This week, customers can check out:
- NFL Super Bowl Showdown Theme – With the Big Game this weekend, customers can get ready for the showdown between the New Orleans Saints and the Indianapolis Colts. Get in the spirit for $3.99 with the only Android theme officially licensed by the National Football League.
- Vancouver 2010™ – Official Mobile Game – Customers can embrace the spirit of the Vancouver Olympics with this thrilling game packed with five electrifying sport events, including snowboard cross. Customers can play solo or against friends for $5.99.
- SportyPal – SportyPal is intuitively designed to help customers improve their performance in running, cycling, blading, walking, skiing and other workouts. This free app activates when users begin their exercise and with two clicks will start to log and map position, movement, distance, tempo and calories burned. When finished, performance information will be stored on the mobile device with the option to review or compare it with other exercises or to check workout achievements.
- Twidroid for Twitter – Customers going to the Big Game can download this app to keep their followers up to date on all of the action. It’s available for free and supports all Twitter features, including tweeting, video posting and photo posting.
i just took a peak in the market to see how these new apps of theirs are doing, and let’s just say that the email marketing of this verizon channel is not the hottest thing going. in fact, i’d consider it a complete failure at this point…
- nfl super bowl show theme has less than 50 downloads and 1 rating.
- vancouver olympics has less than 50 downloads and 4 ratings.
still, the verizon specific channel is always worth checking out especially since they highlight new apps each week that you may not be familiar with.
and for those catching all of these motorola teaser ads leading up to the super bowl there are rumors of a big celebrity in the works. we’ll have to wait and see. here is the teaser trailer…
Some of our best videos.