used to have a t-mobile g1 and miss your instant messenger application? problem solved. it can now be installed onto your motorola droid giving you access to your aol, msn and yahoo im accounts. for whatever reason, google talk was left out making this not amazingly attractive unless you are a major user of those other 3 services.
steps for installation:
1. go into settings -> applications and check the “unknown sources” box.
2. visit this post from your phone’s browser.
3. tap and download this file onto your phone: IM.apk (alt link)
4. tap on the downloaded application once it has finished.
5. install it and tap “open” when installation has completed.
let us know if you run into any issues!
Collapse Show Comments