A few weeks back, Google asked the US to vote on what the best of Google Play was for 2020 in a Users’ Choice category for an upcoming awards showcase. They wanted to know which apps you loved, the games you were playing the most, and the books and movies you turned to to pass the time during a global crisis. After several weeks of voting, the results are in for not only that Users’ Choice group, but Google also revealed their own list of the best of Google Play for this year.
Google broke everything out by categories, but the big ones to know are “Best App of 2020” and “Best Game of 2020.” The winners there, according to Google, are Loóna: Bedtime Calm & Relax for best app, and Genshin Impact for best game. I’m not familiar with either! For Users’ Choice in those same categories, you all voted for Disney+ (best app) and SpongeBob: Krusty Cook-Off (best game).
There are a lot of other apps, games, movies, and books to look through from Google Play that were acknowledged. Google has categories for “Best Personal Growth Apps,” “Best Hidden Gem Apps,” and “Best Everyday Essential Apps,” that you should most definitely give some time to. There are tons of games too, as well as lists of the best movies and books you should clear space for before 2020 ends.
Users’ Choice 2020 (US)
- App: Disney+
- Game: SpongeBob: Krusty Cook-Off
- Movie: Bad Boys for Life
- Book: If It Bleeds by Stephen King
Best App of 2020 (US)
Best Personal Growth Apps
- Paired: App for Couples | Relationship Advice by Better Half Ltd.
- Centr, by Chris Hemsworth by Loup Pty Ltd
- Speekoo by LearnMyLanguage
- Intellect by The Intellect Company
- Jumprope: How-to Videos by Jumprope
Best Hidden Gem Apps
- Paperless Post Flyer Invitation Maker, Text Invite by Paperless Post
- Loóna: Bedtime Calm & Relax by Loona Inc.
- Explorest-Photo Locations by Explorest Inc.
- Cappuccino by Olivier Desmoulin
- Tayasui Sketches by Tayasui
Best Everyday Essential Apps
- Grid Diary – Journal, Planner by Sumi Interactive
- Whisk: Turn Recipes into Shareable Shopping Lists by whisk.com
- The Pattern by Pattern Home, Inc.
- ZOOM Cloud Meetings by zoom.us
- Calmaria by ABDZ
Best Apps for Good
- GreenChoice: Healthy Grocery Shopping by GreenChoice, PBC
- Medito by Medito for Mindfulness, Meditation and Sleep
- ShareTheMeal: Donate to Charity and Solve Hunger by United Nations
Best Apps for Fun
- Reface (formerly Doublicat)
- Dolby On: Record Audio & Music
- Bazaart: Photo Editor and Graphic Design
Best Game of 2020
- Genshin Impact by miHoYo Limited
Best Indie Games
- Cookies Must Die by Rebel Twins
- Maze Machina by Arnold Rauers
- Sky: Children of the Light by thatgamecompany inc
- Inbento by Afterburn
- GRIS by DevolverDigital
Best Casual Games
- Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells by Zynga
- DreamWorks Trolls Pop: Bubble Shooter & Collection by Huuuge Games – Play Together
- SpongeBob: Krusty Cook-Off by Tilting Point
- Disney Frozen Adventure by Jam City, Inc.
- EverMerge by Big Fish Games
Best Innovative Games
- Fancade by Martin Magni
- Minimal Dungeon RPG by CapPlay
- The Gardens Between by The Voxel Agents
- Genshin Impact by miHoYo Limited
- Ord. by Crescent Moon Games
Best Competitive Games
- Legends of Runeterra by Riot Games, Inc
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross by Netmarble
- Bullet Echo by ZeptoLab
- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game by CD PROJEKT S.A.
- Brawlhalla by Ubisoft Entertainment
Best Movies of 2020- Top 5 (US)
- Bill & Ted Face the Music
- Just Mercy
- Miss Juneteenth
- See the full list of Google’s favorite movies of 2020 here.
Best Books of 2020- Top 5 (US)
- A Promised Land by Barack Obama
- The City We Became by N.K. Jesmin
- Riot Baby by Tochi Onyebuchi
- Solutions and Other Problems by Allie Brosh
- You Had Me at Hola by Alexis Daria
- See the full list of Google’s favorite books of 2020 here.
Collapse Show Comments