The OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro are receiving new updates at the moment that squash a bunch of bugs and optimize several items, as they also usher in the new Canvas option in always-on display. The October security patch is here as well.
Rolling out as build OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 for both phones, OnePlus says to expect a smoother overall experience from this update, further optimized brightness levels, improved standby performance, more optimization to the intelligent 5G function for extended battery endurance, WiFi optimizations and improved stability, and more.
For the Canvas feature, you’ll find it as one of your always-on display options in Customization settings. It takes a picture of your choosing and then draws a wireframe outline of it to make for a really cool always-on display. It’s pretty neat.
For specific builds depending on region, you have the following:
Here is the full changelog for each phone:
- Optimized the frame stability algorithm to make the experience smoother
- Optimized adaptive brightness algorithm, making 8,192 levels of automatic brightness adjustment more comfortable
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve standby-by performance
- The quick setting has been adjusted to three lines
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability
- Ambient display
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone（Path：Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically
- Optimized the intelligent 5G function to extend battery endurance capacity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to improve stability of connectivity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to reduce transfer delay
- Fixed the low probability issue that it was muted after connecting to Bluetooth
OnePlus updates often roll out quite slowly, so if you aren’t seeing it today, give it another couple of days.