Google announces SiriusXM integration with Google Assistant this morning, with subscribers now able to access their favorite channels via Nest Home speakers and displays.
In addition, Google also detailed that it’s bringing curated video content from the company to Nest Hub and Nest Hub Max units later this year. According to the press release, “As a subscriber, you’ll get access to exclusive in-studio performances, interviews and more. Eligible customers can get a 3-month free trial subscription for SiriusXM with any purchase of a Google Nest speaker or Smart Display when you set up your device on the Google Home App.”
Google took this occasion to remind folks that accessing radio stations is easy for Google Assistant. You can try the following commands to find the radio content that best suits you.
How to Access
- Ask for your favorite station by its channel name or frequency—say something like, “Hey Google, play KGMZ” or “play 95.7.”.
- Find the local NPR station by saying “Hey Google, play NPR” or even tune into international stations such as BBC Radio with the Assistant.
- The Assistant remembers your most recent station. Just say “Hey Google, turn on the radio” to drop back into the stream.
- When you’re in the car, you can access the Assistant from your driving directions in Google Maps. Just say “Hey Google …” and ask for your favorite station, so that you don’t have to take your eyes off the road.
- Your favorite radio station will automatically play when you add it to your “good morning” or “I’m home” Routine, which allows you to get multiple things done with a single command from the Assistant. They’re easy to set up.
Baba Booey, Baba Booey!
Some of our best videos.