In July of last year, Samsung announced PayPal as a supported payment option within Samsung Pay. Even though that announcement was made, it appears the ability to actually make purchases using your PayPal account via Samsung Pay wasn’t available, but this week, that changes.
This morning, PayPal announced users can now make purchases, “at the millions of retailers that accept Samsung Pay.” We had no idea that the partnership announcement from last July would ultimately lead to this day, 9 months later, but here we are.
To get started buying goods with your PayPal funds within Samsung Pay, follow these instructions.
- Tap “+” on upper right hand of Samsung Pay home screen
- Select “Add PayPal” in the “Add payment card section”
- If you have One Touch enabled, the account will be provisioned. If not, you’ll need to input your account credentials.
- Press “Next” and enter a pin for in-store purchases
- Select a Debit or bank funding source to top-up the account
- Press “Agree & Continue” and you’re all set!
Are you Samsung Pay users seeing this support yet in your app?
Some of our best videos.