Huawei launched its new Band 2 Pro wearable in the US this week, priced at only $69.99. For being priced pretty inexpensively, this little wearable has quite a little set of features and specs. The marquee things that Huawei lists are standalone GPS, 5ATM water resistance, and continuous heart rate monitoring. Seriously, standalone GPS for a $70 wearable is pretty impressive.
Huawei also details the device’s “Professional Run Coach,” which can be personalized for specific training, such as for half marathons and 5Ks. After your run, the wearable has Relaxation Training, complete with special breathing instructions to help reduce stress.
Here’s the full list of features that Huawei wants to highlight.
- Standalone GPS to reduce the reliance on smartphone connectivity while also providing more accurate pace, distance and speed tracking
- 5ATM Water Resistance that can stand up to all-day wear, hand washing and swimming
- Continuous Heart Rate Monitoring that shares accurate heart rate data and personalized suggestions for staying healthy
- Professional Run Coach, a scientific running coach that can be personalized for specific training programs, such as 5k or half marathons, with training effect, VO2max and recovery time
- Relaxation Training with breathing instructions to reduce stress
- HUAWEI TruSleep scientific sleep tracking which delivers comprehensive sleep monitoring and tracks light, deep and REM sleeps, as well as sleep interruptions
- Smart Notifications such as incoming calls, e-mail notifications, smart alarms and activity reminders when sitting for too long
The Huawei Band 2 Pro comes in Blue, Red, and Black, again, priced at just $69.99. You can find it right now on Amazon.