We’re getting deeper into February, inching closer to MWC at the end of this month. To keep us busy, LG and Google announced the Watch Sport and Watch Style this week, alongside Android Wear 2.0. We should have both smartwatches in-house early next week, so get ready for plenty of content surrounding those.
This week, we also posted up our complete Huawei Mate 9 review, learned that the LG G6 may not launch in the US until April (bad move, LG), and sat down to record Episode 133 of The Droid Life Show. It was quite a busy week.
Here are the stories you won’t want to miss from this week.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 133 [Subscribe]
- Review: Huawei Mate 9.
- Android Wear: LG Watch Sport and Watch Style announced.
- Specs: LG Watch Sport, Watch Style.
- Android Wear 2.0 launched, here’s what’s new.
- Verizon also introduced an Android Wear 2.0 device.
- Complete list of watches receiving Android Wear 2.0 update.
- LG Watch Sport and Watch Style hit the Google Store.
- Watch Sport and Watch Style also available at select carriers, retailers.
- Bad News: LG G6 may not launch in US until April.
- Google rolling out Instant Tethering for Pixel and Nexus devices.
- Android distribution charts updated for February, Nougat barely over 1%.
- Samsung: Samsung SDI facility up in smoke after faulty batteries ignite fire.
- Honor 8 getting its Nougat update.
- OnePlus 3T with 128GB now up for pre-order.
- T-Mobile bringing back free pizza for T-Mobile Tuesdays.
- Nougat: NVIDIA pushing Nougat update to SHIELD Tablet, SHIELD Tablet K1.
- Chromebook Plus now up for pre-order.
Have a great weekend, folks!