Another week in the books here at DL, but I must say, it was pretty intense. If you couldn’t tell, Pokémon GO essentially took over the world, so we found ourselves talking about it quite a bit. I’ve never seen a game consume pop culture so rapidly — don’t know if I should be scared or impressed by this fact. Either way, if you need Pokémon GO intel, like the report that trading and sponsored locations are coming, we have you covered below.
Beyond the Pokémon talk, we have Moto Z DROID and Moto Z Force DROID devices in-house, so expect reviews and all of that coming soon. To keep you busy, we have an unboxing and software tour video already available for watching. To wrap up the news, Qualcomm introduced the Snapdragon 821 (probably going to be in the Note 7, new Nexus phones), Verizon is beginning tests of 5G, and the Chromebook Pixel (2015) was updated to support Android apps.
Check out all of this week’s news below.
- Watch: The Droid Life Show – Episode 115 [Subscribe]
- Video: Moto Z DROID and Z Force DROID Unboxing.
- Video: Moto Z DROID Software Tour.
- Galaxy Note 7: The Galaxy Note 7 arrives on August 2.
- T-Mobile is gifting a free year of data for Pokémon GO.
- Qualcomm intros the Snapdragon 821 processor.
- Android: Chromebook Pixel (2015) updated to support Android apps.
- Google Keyboard update brings Themes to all users.
- Another possible look at the upcoming Galaxy Note 7.
- Yup, Pokémon GO now works with Android Nougat.
- Pokémon GO: Trading is coming to Pokémon GO, as well as sponsored locations.
- Our essential Tips and Tricks for playing Pokémon GO.
- 5G: Verizon kicking off real-world testing of 5G.
- Android Wear: Developer Preview 2 for Android Wear 2.0 released.
Have a safe weekend, folks!
Collapse Show Comments