If you are looking into content creation for virtual reality, or maybe you want to begin capturing all of your family’s memories in a full 360-degrees, Samsung announced the Gear 360 today at MWC. The device records video and audio in a complete 360-degrees, allowing those with a Gear VR to feel as if they are right in the room with you when you are celebrating Christmas morning or seeing your child walk for the first time.
Featuring two CMOS 15-megapixel fisheye cameras (3840×1920), the Gear 360 sees everything taking place inside of a room, then makes that video available on Gear VR. Users of a supported Galaxy smartphone can also watch video in real-time as it is captured on the Gear 360. Videos captured can even be shared to supported social networks, services from Google such as Maps and Street View, and much more.
Samsung states that the Gear 360 will be available for purchase starting Q2, but there is no word on pricing just yet.
Check out the full list of specs below.
- Two CMOS 15 megapixel fisheye cameras (Bright Lens F2.0)
- DRIMe5s Image Processor
- Dual Lens 3840×1920 (30fps) video
- Dual Lens 30MP (7776×3888) images
- MicroSD card (Up to 128GB)
- 0.5” (72 x 32) PMOLE display
- IP53 Certified Dust and Water Resistant
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), WiFi Direct, Bluetooth v4.1, NFC, USB 2.0
- 153g (including battery) weight
- 1,350mAh Li-ion battery
- Galaxy S7 first look and tour!
- Galaxy S7 Edge first look and tour!
- Galaxy S7 vs. Galaxy S6 vs. Galaxy S5
- Testing the Galaxy S7 water resistance in a fountain
- Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge US carrier availability
- Official Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge specs
- Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge pre-orders include free Gear VR
- Comparison: Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge vs. LG G5
Some of our best videos.