NVIDIA continues its streak of timely updates for its hardware to the latest versions of Android, the most recent being the SHIELD Tablet K1. The Marshmallow update, which was promised for December, is now available to all owners, bringing the tablet up to Android 6.0.
Inside, given this is Marshmallow, there are plenty of changes. Owners can now use the Doze feature, Now on Tap, adoptable storage, an updated camera app from NVIDIA, and tons more.
Take a look below at all of the changes, then head into your settings and check for the update, if you have not already been notified.
- NVIDIA SHIELD Camera – New UI inspired by Material Design, improved burst photo functionality, Adds new real-time HD Image Effects
- Now on Tap – Quickly find information related to what you are seeing on the screen, also from inside an app
- Adoptable Storage – MicroSD cards can be integrated with main internal storage, auto managed by system
- User Interface Upgrades – Personalize Home & Lock screens with different wallpapers, new NVIDIA wallpapers, Personalize Quick Settings menu, add/remove, rearrange toggles, Google Now voice commands can be launched from lock screen
- Improved App Permissions – Permissions are now managed centrally
- Power Consumption – App Standby power improvements, Improved BT Low Energy scanning power efficiency
Collapse Show Comments