With Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official and ready for your device in the form of a factory image, it only makes sense that we would start to see the over-the-air (OTA) .zip files arriving as well. We have begun to capture many below and will continue to update this post regularly until we have them all. You may just want to bookmark this post.
As a recap, we have two Android 6.0.1 builds at this time as MMB29K and MMB29M. The updates feature December security fixes, but also introduce a whole bunch of new emoji, along with a new font to Android at a system level. Other than that, there isn’t much else that is new. Still, because we have security fixes here, you’ll want to update as soon as possible.
The files and instructions on what to do with them can be found below.
Download Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OTA updates:
- Nexus 5 – [MMB29K from MRA58N, 96.3MB] – Download Link (Cheers Daniel!)
- Nexus 5X – [MMB29K from MDB08L, 76.5MB] – Download Link
- Nexus 5X – [MMB29K from MDB08M, 76.0MB]- Download Link
- Nexus 6 – [MMB29K from MRA58X, 189MB] – Download Link (via)
- Nexus 6 – [MMB29K from MRA58N, 187MB] – Download Link
- Nexus 6 – [MMB29K from MRA58R, 188MB] – Download Link (Cheers Eric!)
- Nexus 6P – [MMB29M from MDB08L, 75.5MB] – Download Link
- Nexus 6P – [MMB29M from MDB08M, 74.4MB] – Download Link
- Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi – [MMB29K from MRA58V, 66.2MB] – Download Link (Cheers Willy!)
- Nexus 7 (2013) LTE – [MMB29K from MRA58V, 64.9MB] – Download Link
- Nexus 7 (2013) LTE – [MMB29K from LMY48X, 343MB] – Download Link
- Nexus 9 WiFi – [MMB29K from MRA58N, 169MB] – Download Link
- Nexus 9 LTE – [MMB29K from MRA58N, 168MB] – Download Link
- Nexus Player – [MMB29M from MRA58N, 63.4MB] – Download Link
Big thanks to the guys at Droidsec.org who were ultra-quick in capturing many of these.
*Note – In order to flash a .zip file in adb, be sure to match up the build number on the file to your current or the update will fail. For example, look at the new build number in brackets followed by the build number that it’s coming “from.” In your Settings>About screen, you will want to match up to the “from” build number.
Some of our best videos.