Update: Deal over.
ASUS’ Padfone line is a concept that I wish saw more success or acceptance in the US. A high-end phone that docks into a tablet shell to make an on-demand tablet? What’s not to like? Unfortunately, late or non-arrivals of the Padfone line have left it all but a lost cause here in the States, even if it did have promise.
With that said, the Padfone X, which is the latest high-end version built specifically for AT&T, can be had today from eBay for $199, which includes the tablet dock. The original product retailed around $549, so calling this a steal is a bit of an understatement.
Through this deal, you get a brand new Padfone X – a phone with a 5-inch FHD display, Snapdragon 800, 2GB RAM, 13MP rear camera – and its tablet dock. The phone ships as an unlocked AT&T unit, which means you should be able to take it to other GSM carriers, like T-Mobile. It also supports LTE bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 17.
Here is the list of specs and network bands:
- 2.3GHz quad core Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 800
- Internal memory storage Up to 16GB
- Expandable memory storage Up to 64GB
- 2GB RAM
- 4G-LTE: Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 17
- 4G: HSPA+ with enhanced backhaul
- 3G – UMTS850/900/1900/2100MHz
- Wi-Fi® connectivity802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
Come on, that’s a tempting deal, no?