Motorola rebranded Touchless Control this week, changing it to Moto Voice. Touchless Control was one of our favorite things on the old Moto X, which allowed users to only use their voice to complete tasks.
For example, a user could say, “Okay Google Now, what’s the weather?” Then, without touching your phone, Google Search would ping back the results. Now, the service is called Moto Voice, and the rebranding will make its way to all devices that are compatible with the service.
As for the changelog posted on Google Play, these changes are currently only for the new Moto X, but Motorola’s Punit Soni claims that these features will soon be made available for last year’s models, too, as long as their hardware supports them.
- Customize your own launch phrase to make Moto Voice respond only to you
- Voice command support for YouTube, Facebook and WhatsApp
- Turn on Talk to Me and other Moto modes through voice commands
- Support for Moto Hint and Moto 360
- User experience improvements and bug fixes
Some of our best videos.