If you’ve been looking around for a fun, Mario-styled game for your enjoyment, your search is now over. Mikey Shorts is an addicting side-scroller that screams Mario, with the main purpose in the game being to rescue people (a la Princess Peach) and collect coins throughout the game’s 84 levels.
Collecting coins allows you to purchase new disguises for your main character, but you’ll face a long wait before you have them all — the game currently features more than 170 of them.
Other basic features of this genre are also present, like a end-of-level star system that rewards you for your completion time in the level. Some neat add-ins, though, include the ability to race your best time ghosts (Mario Kart, anyone?), earn achievements even if you’re offline, and customize your controls to the optimal position.
Here’s the full list of features:
- 84 different levels across 2 game modes
- 6 unique environments
- Choose from over 170 disguises to wear
- Finish a level fast to earn up to 3 stars
- Golden Shorts are hidden in all Story levels
- Race against a ghost of your best score
- Split times at gates show +/- your best score
- Earn achievements both online and offline
- Quick retry button for restarting a level
- Ability to customize controls
- Adjust transparency of the control buttons
- View various game stats
Mikey Shorts is available on Google Play for $0.99, but this one’s easy for me to recommend — it even made the list of our top 5 games in February, so don’t hesitate if you want to try this one out.
Play Link ($0.99)
Some of our best videos.