Just under a month ago, the AOKP team released their first stable build of Jelly Bean. As expected, it was a hit. But one of the draws to AOKP over the last year, has been the massive list of extra features that were initially missing from build 1. Well, they aren’t missing any longer as build 2 was released last night and includes one of the larger feature-packed changelogs we have seen in some time.
Some of the highlights would be better LED controls, a “Kill all” button in recent tasks, a weather panel in the statusbar, and call answering by using the Home button. The list is massive, so jump below to check it all out.
- Kill all button in Recents panel
- Backlight settings
- Tablet UI on any device
- DPI switcher
- Custom Vibrations for Phone Calls
- ADB over network
- National Data Roaming option
- Volume music controls
- LED Brightness control
- Charging LED
- Boot animation preview
- Allow full theming of Contacts & Mms
- Allow to set color of Digital Clock Widget
- Power menu options (airplane, screenshot, navbar toggle)
- Ability to answer calls with hardware Home button (Winter is coming!)
- Custom Ring targets
- Allow up to 7 Nav buttons on some devices
- IME Toggler
- Hide ADB icon
- Allow disabling of volume adjust sound
- Hide signal bars
- WiFi & Cell signal text
- Allow rotation on any device
- Added back Info-Lines (Weather, Calendar)
- Menu unlock
- Alternative music layout
- Timer snapshot
- Volume zoom
- 720p recording support for grouper (front)
- Display full date & time
To flash the latest build, you will need to find your specific device’s file at one of the links below. Once found, drop it and the latest Gapps package on your device’s internal storage. Boot into recovery, create a backup, wipe data and cache, and flash both files.
*For some reason, all of the build links on the AOKP site appear to be broken, so we linked to another site that is hosting all of the new builds as well.
Some of our best videos.