The “soak test” for this first DROID3 update is happening right now, but if you want to go ahead and update early, we have the instructions for you below. The update includes Google Talk with Video along with a variety of bug fixes that should improve battery life. Here is the full list.
1. Download the file from above to your computer and unzip it.
2. You should see a file named “Blur_Version.5.5.959.XT862.Verizon.en.US.zip”.
3. Drop that file on the root of your SD card.
4. Power off your phone.
5. Boot into recovery by holding X + Power until the Android logo appears.
6. Then press and release both the Volume UP and Down key at the same time.
7. Using the volume keys, scroll down to “apply update from sdcard” and tap Power.
8. Highlight the “Blur_Version.5.5.959.XT862.Verizon.en.US.zip” file and press Power.
9. The update will be applied. Sit back and relax.
10. When it finishes, reboot and enjoy!
Collapse Show Comments