A big ol’ Swype Beta update has been released. What’s in store? Nothing that you’ll notice from afar, but they did toss in a whole bunch of performance enhancements and fix a boatload of bugs. They also added support for a variety of new screen types like the qHD you’ll find on the Atrix and BIONIC. Other than that, your overall experience will be the winner here.
All of the new dirty details are below.
ALL BUILDS – SWYPE BETA v126.96.36.19903/20186
Fixed various crashes
- Announcing BETA support for the following resolutions: qHD, QVGA, WQVGA, WSVGA
- Added Dutch, Russian and UK English support [NOTE: Not all devices support all languages. For a table of which screen-sizes support which languages, please click here.]
- The Hidden Word Tip window will only appear once, the first time you encounter a hidden word after a new installation. It will never appear again after that.
- Contacts, etc, that are automatically added to the user dictionary will now stay deleted when removed by the user
- Fixed the gesture to hide the keyboard: Swype from the SWYPE key to the DELETE key
- The capitalization gesture will no longer accidentally capitalize the second letter of a word when the trace path goes through that key before exiting the top of the keyboard
- Add compression of large languages for Android builds to reduce filesize
- Identified and resolved an issue that was causing cumulative loss in recognition accuracy over time
- Faster trace path animations
- Improved application performance in portrait view
- Improved the efficiency of the contact list scanner
- Swype key in Spanish now properly brings up Word Choice Window
- Fixed a bug with word priorities so words in user dictionary do not always appear first in word choice window
- Fixed a bug that prevented the auto-space suppression icon from appearing in some cases
- Period and Comma now function properly when tapped in SYM layer
- Improved recognition of words when using the capitalization gesture and the second letter is very close the exit-point of the capitalization gesture, e.g. “Well”
- Fixed a rare crash when returning from the Language Selector in Settings
- Launching voice recognition now draws a UI inside the Swype process instead of launching a new activity
- When Android 2.3.3 is detected, double-tap-to-edit is disabled to prevent conflict with Google’s double-tap behavior
- Decreased the likelihood that a new license will be required after a system update
- Fixed a bug where a failure of the system to properly return build properties was crashing Swype
- Extended the beta license from 100 days to 120 days after compile
- Minor compatibility updates for Android 2.3
Changelog | Additional Info
Cheers to everyone who sent this!