If you are still rocking that OG DROID and want to get as close to Gingerbread as you possibly can, then I suggest you check out Liquid’s new Gingerbread 1.0 release. Built from CM and Google source, this has all of the goodies to make your phone actually feel like it’s running an official Android 2.3 build. It comes with a stock kernel that can be clocked up to 1.0GHz, but don’t worry, there are plenty of others out there if you really need to go higher. Liquid ROMs have been some of the best for the DROID since the beginning and it doesn’t appear as if their team is slowing down any time soon. Definitely give this one a shot.
*ORIGINAL DROID ONLY.
1. Download the file from above and slap in on your SD card
2. Create a backup in recovery or in ROM Manager
3. Boot into recovery.
4. Select “wipe data/factory reset”.
5. Go into the “partitions menu”.
6. Format “Boot”.
7. Format “System”.
8. Go back to the main screen.
9. Install zip from sdcard.
10. Choose zip from sdcard.
11. Navigate to where you have stored the zip file and select it.
12. Choose “yes”, let it install and enjoy!
Donate to Liquid.
Full support thread can be found here if you need it.
Collapse Show Comments