Android 2.2.1 (FRG83) has been released as a ROM for the original Droid and you can start enjoying the goodness now! The Nexus One saw FRG83 almost a month ago, but you had to expect that it would find the OG at some point right? Download links and instructions after the break!
Download: DEODEXED FRG83 | ODEXED FRG83
*ORIGINAL DROID ONLY.
*You need to be rooted. Instructions here.
*This is a rooted FRG83 ROM.
1. Download your choice of FRG83 from above and drop it on your SD card.
2. Boot your phone into recovery. (Power + X)
3. Scroll down to “nandroid” and select it.
4. Choose “Backup” to make a full backup of your phone.
*You may want to perform a factory reset at this point as well.
5. When that finishes, scroll down to “install zip from sdcard” and select it.
6. Select “choose zip from sdcard.”
7. Find the FRG83 file you downloaded from above and select it.
8. The ROM will now load onto your device.
9. When it finishes, choose “reboot system now” and enjoy!
Let us know if you run into any issues! Feels good to have a new release for the D1 doesn’t it?
Full support can be found at My Droid World.
Collapse Show Comments