Dark Edge for the original Droid might still be the greatest theme created for any Android device and with today’s V1.0 release, it looks like it might be a while before anyone dethrones it. If there was one drawback to previous versions, it would have been the incredibly intense installation process, but with this new release, Xeudoxus and REALigion have put together an update.zip which makes it as easy as any other theme you’ll find. You now don’t have an excuse to not be using this.
Instructions (theme only):
*Note 1* – Original DROID only.
*Note 2* – They recommend flashing this over stock FRG22D, but it worked flawlessly for me over Bugless Beast V0.5.
1. Download DE.FRG22D.zip to your SD card.
2. Open ROM Manager and select “Install ROM from SD card.”
3. Locate DE.FRG22D.zip and tap on it.
4. Check the box to make a backup, skip “wipe data and cache.”
5. Your phone will reboot and apply Dark Edge.
6. When it’s finished you can enjoy the new look or move forward to app theming.
Instructions (app theming):
1. Download DarkEdge-FRG22D-Apps.zip to your SD card.
2. Downlaod and install Dark Edge tools from the market.
3. Open Dark Edge tools and click “Start App Transfer.”
4. When it finishes, exit out.
5. Extract all of the files from DarkEdge-FRG22D-Apps.zip to your “AndroidThemes” folder.
*Note 3*– If you don’t have this folder, create it.
6. When finished, download and install Metamorph from the market.
7. Open Metamorph, “Start Checks” and select “Pick Existing Theme.”
8. Open the folder which you just extracted DarkEdge-Apps.zip to.
9. Find the DarkEdge-FRG22D-Apps.xml file and tap on it.
10. Click “Apply All.”
11. Metamorph will now theme all of your apps.
12. When it reboots, enjoy!
Full support thread can be found here.
Huge thanks to Xeudoxus and REALigion for this release!
Some of our best videos.